System programmers, administrators or other technical support people which need to understand z/OS problem diagnosis and the tools used.
So you want to gain some proficiency in understanding z/OS problem analysis plus the tools used to accomplish this task. Then this is the course for you. First, we will cover the fundamentals of diagnosis, common types, and resolution of problems on the z/OS system. Next, we will get into working with dumps and traces. We will then have a look at several z/OS components and tools to identify the information they can provide.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Understand the process to gather problem diagnosis information
- Identify the problem type and necessary information to resolve it
- Understand how to use IPCS to work with z/OS dumps and traces
- Understand other z/OS tools for problem analysis
- Understand some z/OS components used during problem analysis
Good working knowledge of z/OS plus its critical components from a usage point of view. Several months of experience using TSO/ISPF and JCL. Basic understanding of application processes under z/OS.