COBOL Programmers and analysts who must use z/OS Debugger as a tool to help analyze and debug batch COBOL programs execution under TSO and batch.
The course teaches students the skills necessary to use z/OS Debugger to debug batch COBOL programs. Students learn to modify their z/OS Debugger session setup panels to enable batch COBOL program execution. Students will then debug a batch COBOL program to explore the following features of z/OS Debugger:
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Use the z/OS Debugger debugging tools and commands to examine program execution.
- Prepare a program to run under z/OS Debugger.
- Use z/OS Debugger in TSO sessions, and in batch executions via TIM terminals
- Discuss and use major z/OS Debugger commands for debugging.
- Intercept and debug the execution of subroutines under z/OS Debugger.
TSO/ISPF, or equivalent experience and at least six months of COBOL programming.