Format: Lecture, demonstration, laboratory work, conversation.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Use the jQuery library for web page development
- Use jQuery to program effects such as sliding and fading and animations for customized effects
- Use existing jQuery plugins and understand how to write your own
- Work with forms and validate input using jQuery
- Manipulate and traverse the DOM using jQuery
- Use various capabilities of jQuery UI including: Themes and widgets such as the Accordion, Autocomplete, Datepicker, Slider and Menu, Interactions for operations such as drag and drop, resize, selecting and sorting
- and Effects for various types of transitions including color, class, and visibility
- Use jQuery to support Ajax interactions and work with JSON data
Familiarity with an internet browser such as Internet Explorer, Chrome, or Firefox is recommended. Familiarity with HTML is required. Familiarity with programming concepts, especially with object oriented programming concepts, is strongly advised.