COBOL Programmers and analysts who must use Fault Analyzer as a tool to help analyze and debug COBOL program abends.
The course teaches students the skills necessary to use the IBM Fault Analyzer to analyze batch COBOL or Assembler program abends.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Explain the purpose of Fault Analyzer.
- Describe the files used by Fault Analyzer.
- Describe the real-time fault analysis process.
- Use the Fault Analyzer ISPF Interface to analyze abends.
- Perform interactive reanalysis of an abend.
- Utilize side files and compiler listing during a fault analysis.
- Manage Fault entries.
- Perform batch reanalysis.
TSO/ISPF, or equivalent experience. Six months of COBOL or Assembler programming