Application programmers, system programmers, technical support, and testers.
This course will introduce students to the skills necessary to use File Manager for z/OS
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Use File Manager to view and edit standard z/OS file types (including VSAM).
- Apply a COBOL or PL/I layout to a dataset and reformat the layout as required.
- Build and apply templates to specify the records to be accessed within a dataset.
- Populate a dataset by copying or extracting data from sequential or VSAM datasets.
- Reformat existing record layouts to generate new datasets.
- Use File Manager to compare datasets.
- Modify File Manager system parameters as required.
Introduction to z/OS, or equivalent experience. TSO/ISPF, or equivalent experience. Working knowledge of COBOL or PL/I programming techniques is helpful, but not required. Working knowledge of VSAM datasets is helpful, but not required.