Intended for those who provide site collection and site administration and are power users or IT professionals who are tasked with supporting or working within the SharePoint 2016 environment on-premise and/or in Office 365.
This instructor-led course is intended for power users and IT professionals who are tasked with working within the SharePoint 2016 environment and conduct site collection and site administration. This course will provide a deeper, narrowly-focused training on the important and popular skills needed to do SharePoint site collection and site administration with SharePoint 2016 deployed on-premise, in Office 365 (SharePoint Online) or a hybrid deployment (on-premise connected to Office 365).
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Design and implement a company portal structure using SharePoint 2016 objects including sites, libraries, lists and pages
- Explain the role of security and permissions throughout SharePoint 2016
- Implement guidelines for consistency in building a company portal to aid in the day-to-day administration of content in SharePoint 2016
- Enhance the design and content of a company portal using SharePoint 2016 pages and web parts
- Explain the importance of governance for the planning and managing future growth of the
- SharePoint 2016 implementation
- Identify options to integrate data from other systems such as Microsoft Office, as well as preserve existing data
- Explain the role of social networking in SharePoint 2016 and its impact on collaboration
It is recommended students have familiarity with previous versions of SharePoint, though it is not a required prerequisite.