This 4-day course is designed for WebLogic 12c Administrators and Operations staff that have a basic understanding of core WebLogic administration tasks. This class builds on the foundation of the Oracle WebLogic 12c System Administration class.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Generate diagnostic images on demand and in response to system events
- Define watches and notification to handle diagnostic events
- Create server and application-scoped instrumentation
- Use dye injection for advanced diagnosis
- Understand memory usage and configuration in Java
- Choose suitable garbage collection strategies
- Control threading with work managers
- Tune JDBC and JMS services
Students should already know how to install WebLogic server and create a domain. Students need a basic understanding of service configuration (JDBC, JMS and JNDI) and application deployment. Students should also understand the key concepts of WebLogic clustering.