This is an intermediate-level JEE training course, geared for designers and architects that need to relate real problems to JEE-based solutions.
Geared for experienced enterprise Java (JEE) developers, Mastering JEE Design Patterns is a lab intensive JEE patterns training course which explores the many sophisticated JEE-oriented design patterns and how to use these patterns to develop solid, robust and reusable JEE applications. Technologies such as JPA and EJB3, as well as frameworks such as Spring, web services, and rich interfaces, have significantly impacted previous generations of design patterns. Many of these technologies were heavily influenced by the very problems that previous design patterns addressed. While the basic patterns still ring true, the more advanced patterns have evolved into more robust solutions for secure, stable and scalable enterprise applications.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Explain what design pattern are and why they are important
- Describe how design patterns are categorized
- List the basic Gang of Four (GoF) design patterns
- Describe some of the basic GoF patterns
- Discuss how patterns are used to effectively build robust, reusable JEE applications
- Explain the key patterns in each of the different JEE layers
- Explain the functioning, advantages and disadvantages of each pattern
- Apply various patterns as well as several cross-cutting patterns addressing issues such as security, transactions, and auditing
- Compare and contrast the various design patterns
Attendees should have practical experience developing basic JEE applications.