This course is intended for developers that need to understand all aspects of how to containerize, host, deploy, and configure an application in a multi-node cluster.
In this course students learn how to containerize, host, deploy and configure an application in a multi-node cluster. Students begin with a simple script, then define application resources and use core primitives to build, monitor, and troubleshoot scalable applications in Kubernetes. Students will be working with network plugins, security, and cloud storage, and will be exposed to many of the features needed to deploy an application in a production environment.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Learn how to containerize and deploy a new Python script
- Understand and configure the deployment with ConfigMaps, Secrets, and SecurityContexts
- Understand multi-container pod design
- Learn to configure probes for pod health
- Learn to update and roll back an application
- Understand how to implement services and set NetworkPolicies
- Learn how to use PersistentVolumeClaims for state persistence
Students should be familiar with a programming language and be comfortable with basic Linux command line and file editing skills. Knowledge of Microservices with Kubernetes, Docker, and Continuous Integration.