Java Developers seeking a practical understanding of the library of classes supporting the creation and processing of XML Documents. Developers seeking to understand how to effectively incorporate Extensible Markup Language into their designs and how to integrate XML into their applications, or transform XML data.
Do you already know Java and XML but require a deep understanding of how Java and XML interact? This is the course for you!You will learn about the various XML-related technologies accessible via Java: JAXP with SAX and/or DOM, JAXB, JAX-RPC, JAXM, SAAJ and JAXR. You will gain experience using Java to create and process XML documents. Throughout the course you use Java to build a working prototype of a Web-based application that can generate, exchange, format and control XML.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Understand how to create and process XML Documents in Java Applications
- Be familiar with the purpose and capabilities of JAXP with SAX and/or DOM, JAXB, JAX-RPC, JAXM, SAAJ and JAXR.
- Be familiar with the purpose and capabilities of JAXB, JAX-RPC, JAXM, SAAJ and JAXR.
- Be prepared to integrate SAX and/or DOM XML processing in Java Applications
- Analyze and integrate these Java/XML technologies into applications
- Understand the purpose, capabilities, and promise of JAXB
- Be prepared to make use of JAXB in Java/XML Applications
- Be familiar with the purpose and status of the various standards related to XML
- Understand how to define the structure of XML documents using Document Type Definitions (DTDs)
- Understand how write XSL style sheets to transform XML documents
- Be familiar with techniques used to render XML documents for display on Browsers
- Understand key aspects of XPath used to identify specific XML document content
Introduction to Java Programming and Introduction to XML.