View Related Video
Database Administrators and Systems Programmers.
Are you a DBA who increasingly has to manage databases that interact with Java applications? Do you need to understand a bit more about object oriented development technologies and Java EE application servers? You will get a basic understanding of OO principles and Java EE architecture in this training. You will be provided with the details of how a Java program accesses a relational database using JDBC and/or SQLJ, how connection pooling works, how Enterprise Java Beans (EJBs) can be used to declare transactional requirements, and get a high level look at security concerns in a distributed environment. The course can be delivered using any development environment including RSA, RAD and Eclipse.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Explain concepts and beneﬁts of Object Oriented Programming
- Describe basic JEE features, terms and components
- Describe how Java programs access relational data
- Explain how connection pooling works
- Describe how EJBs can be configured to support transactions, connection pools, and isolation level
- Describe the security requirements of a distributed application
An understanding of Relational Database technology programming concepts.