Java developers required to write programs in Groovy that simplify, enhance, and expand their existing knowledge.
Groovy seamlessly integrates with existing Java code, and extends familiar classes like Strings, Lists, and Maps in a powerful yet natural way. We will examine these as well as the File I/O, XML manipulation, database integration, and networking capabilities of Groovy that dramatically reduce the amount of code that you need to write.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe the significance of Groovy over other scripting languages
- Setup and configure the Groovy environment
- Write a simple Groovy “Hello World” application
- Use Groovy as an alternative to typical System Administration scripting languages
- Perform File processing with Groovy
- Understand the importance of Mopping and Metaprogramming
- List and describe multiple methodologies within XML
- Understand Groovy as it pertains to Databases
- Test your Groovy scripts with JUnit
- Conceptualize on testing around Groovy
All attendees should have a good knowledge of Java techniques.