Application personnel, DBAs, support staff or any personnel working in the IMS-Db2 environment.
This course is designed for application programmers and support staff requiring a detailed understanding of the use of Db2 with IMS applications.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Design IMS applications using Db2 resources
- Code and test IMS applications using Db2 resources
- Implement recovery for IMS applications using Db2 resources
- Utilize the Db2 catalog for problem resolution and information gathering
- Use Db2 facilities to monitor and improve Db2 performance
COBOL, TSO, MVS JCL, working knowledge of IMS, working knowledge of Db2, SQL and SPUFI.