Anyone needing an introduction to concepts and technologies associated with XML and its related recommendations.
Are you looking for a detailed examination of XML and its related technologies? Need to know how to use XML Schemas and XSL stylesheets in your organization? This is the course for you!You will get an intensive, hands-on introduction to XML, DTDs, Schemas, XPath, and XSLT. The course provides a balanced mixture of theory and practical labs designed to take students through the fundamentals of XML. Beginning with the basics of XML, this course then moves into coverage of both DTDs and XML Schemas, and also covers how to use XPath and XSLT to transform XML documents into other documents such as HTML documents or other XML documents.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Create well-formed XML documents
- Create Data Type Definitions (DTDs)
- Validate an XML document with a DTD
- Create XML Schemas
- Validate an XML document with a Schema
- Create XSLT templates to transform XML Documents into HTML
- Use XML Path to retrieve parts of or the whole content of XML Documents
Previous experience or knowledge of HTML is helpful but not essential.