View Related Video
Analysts and programmers involved in the development of Db2 for z/OS SQL Stored Procedures.
One of the most anticipated new features of Db2 for z/OS was the Native SQL PL stored procedure. A key advantage is the ability to work entirely within the IBM Data Studio environment and accomplish Db2 development and deployment with no green screen. Students will leave this course with the ability to code new SQL PL stored procedures and maintain existing. This is a very hands on course where students code, test, and deploy 7 stored procedure programs. First introduced in V9, there has been a number of enhancements to the SQL PL language that also get covered in this course. Topics like XML parameters, array parameters, autonomous processing, piece-wise delete, and UDF code enhancements are covered. Everyone leaves with a set of ‘Best Practices’.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Understand the benefits of Stored Procedures
- Code Db2 SQL PL Stored Procedures
- Use the IBM Data Studio to code, test, deploy, and debug SQL PL Stored Procedures
- Understand the new XML and Array parameters
- Understand the many ways of error handling
- Use the Unified Debugger to test and troubleshoot stored procedures
- Understand how to use SQL PL enhancements within User Defined Functions
Understanding of relational database concepts and SQL syntax (Db2 SQL For Everyone or equivalent).