Project managers, business analysts, systems analysts, team members, team leaders, supervisors, and managers interested in developing great team.
Working with teams continues to be a challenge for managers and team members alike, primarily because everyone tends to forget that we are all individuals. In this session, we review the basics of communication, discuss the influence of personality styles on work, and talk about the importance of time management to keep team progress on track. We develop active listening and presentation skills, explore a variety of team building techniques, learn how to appropriately delegate and receive tasks, and solve team-related problems. Through a case-study environment, participants practice these techniques to develop new skills.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Explain the basics of the communication process
- List and apply a variety of personality style-typing methods
- Learn and use active listening skills
- Define and apply selected team-building activities
- Create and deliver solid presentations
- Solve problems and conflicts using proven techniquesx
- Define and delegate/accept tasks.