This course is appropriate for individuals and organizations seeking a foundational understanding of DevOps, specifically: Employees and managers responsible for designing and re-engineering or improving processes: Consultants guiding their clients through process improvement initiatives; Internal and external suppliers; Process stakeholders
The DevOps Boot Camp is an instructor-led training experience that covers the basics of DevOps and its associated tools. The goal of the course is to prepare operations staff to use the various tools under the DevOps umbrella. The course has hands-on exercises to reinforce the material and at the end of the class, students will have a code base that they can refer to when solving real business problems.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Develop an understanding of what DevOps is and is not
- Understand the objectives, terminology and benefits of DevOps
- Learn to create and manage the cultural change and mindset required for successful DevOps implementation
- Gain insight into common DevOps concepts and practices, including its relationship to Agile, Lean and IT Service Management (ITSM)
- Discover methods to improve workflows, break down communications stovepipes and improve efficiency of the delivery process
- Explore how critical success factors, feedback loops and key performance indicators will help drive continuous improvement
- Discover techniques for teams and individuals to realistically follow these principles and practices in a disciplined way
Some development, QA or operations experience is recommended.