Db2 Systems Programmers, Db2 Systems Administrators and Systems Database Administrators who will be monitoring and tuning Db2 for z/OS.
The course provides detail guidance information for all personnel who will be participating in Db2 for z/OS Subsystem performance analysis and tuning. Both data sharing and non-data sharing considerations are covered. A Drill-down approach will be used to identify critical system bottlenecks.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Develop a Performance Monitoring Strategy
- Implement a Drill Down Performance Approach
- Identify and Tune System Level Performance Problems
- Identify Thread Level Performance Issues
- Assist DBAs and Application Personnel in Performance Tuning
A working knowledge of Db2 for z/OS at the System Level (DB5001).