Db2 Security, Systems, and Database Administrators who require a comprehensive understanding of Db2 for z/OS Security.
Db2 for z/OS® security refers to the protection of sensitive data and system resources by controlling access to Db2 subsystems, objects, and other critical assets through authentication, authorization, and auditing. This course provides an overview of key Db2 security components and processes. Hands-on workshops are provided to explore and learn more about the basics of Db2 security in the z/OS environment.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Understand the Db2 Security Solutions
- Implement ID-based access control within Db2
- Describe Subsystem access control requirements and options
- Identify Privileges and authorities required by key personnel
- Distinguish between test and production authorization requirements
- Manage and Audit Administrative Authorities
- Describe Multilevel security
- Manage access through Roles and Trusted Context
- Manage access through row permissions and column masks
- Display a working knowledge of authorization exit routines
- Display a working knowledge of data definition control
- Are you General Data Protection Regulation, or GDPR compliant
- Audit access to Db2
Working knowledge of Db2.