This course is intended for anyone who is interested in understanding the capabilities and uses of the Query Management Facility (QMF).
This course provides a comprehensive presentation of the capabilities and uses of QMF. In addition, the course addresses developing QMF queries using the Structured Query Language (SQL) and QMF’s “Prompted Mode” capability. Additional QMF topics include the development and uses of QMF forms, procedures, and Global Variables. Detailed examples are provided throughout the student text, and numerous hands–on workshops are provided to reinforce what is covered in class.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Understand how to develop/execute an SQL or Prompted Mode query
- Understand how to develop a QMF query that contains an Expression(s) and/or a Variables(s)
- Understand how to develop/execute a QMF form
- Understand how to develop a form that contains Breakpoints
- Understand how to develop a form that contains Calculations
- Understand how to develop a form that contains Group and/or Across capabilities
- Understand how to develop/execute a QMF Procedure
- Understand how to establish and use Global Variables
- Complete numerous “hands–on workshops”
A basic knowledge of TSO/ISPF.