Db2 Systems Programmers, Db2 Systems Administrators and Systems Database Administrators who will be installing and migrating Db2 for z/OS.
During this hands-on workshop the attendee will install their own Db2 subsystem, migrate their subsystem to a new release and implement additional Db2 functions. Detailed attention is given to Db2 in a data sharing environment, what facilities are supplied to manage and the recovery of system resources, the Db2 environment and how Db2 relates to the z/OS environment.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Db2 Installation and Migration Planning
- Db2 Installation Process
- Migration planning and procedures
- Additional Function Implementation
- Db2 Data Sharing
- Systems Administration Role and Responsibilities
- Perform critical system resource recovery
- Develop and implement systems recovery procedures
- Address Data Sharing Recovery Considerations
A working knowledge of Db2 for z/OS (DB5000), z/OS JCL, TSO/ISPF & z/OS Utilities (MF1010) and SMP/E Fundamentals (MF5020, optional).