Db2 for z/OS System Database Administrators.
Is your Db2 for z/OS skill set out of date? Are you preparing for the IBM certification test? Have you been away from Db2 for z/OS and returning after a period of absence? Has your experience with Db2 for z/OS been concentrated in a single area of responsibility and you now need to branch out into additional areas? Then this course is for you. This course is intended for Db2 DBAs requiring extensive knowledge of Db2 for z/OS with the intention of performing the intermediate to advanced tasks related to database design and implementation, operation and recovery, security and auditing, performance, and installation and migration/upgrades specific to the z/OS operating system.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Assist in Db2 for z/OS Installation and Migration
- Display a working knowledge of the Db2 Address spaces
- Design and Implementation Db2 for z/OS Databases
- Identify and perform recovery scenarios
- Conduct performance reviews and implement performance recommendations
- Display a working knowledge of security authorization and auditing requirements
Minimum 1 year hands-on experience as a Db2 for z/OS DBA.