Database Administrators and Application Developers who will be setting up and defining Stored Procedures on a Db2 for z/OS platform as well as anyone who will be coding the stored procedures. There are both coding workshops for the stored procedures, and COBOL calling programs.
This 2-day course presents coding and administration requirements to implement COBOL Db2 Stored Procedures for the Db2 z/OS environment. Students will leave this class with a full understanding of what is takes to code and implement a stored procedure. Time is spent on the stored procedure definitions, along with creating, coding, and implementation steps needed. Hands on workshops for all the steps needed are part of the class.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Understand the Stored Procedures Environment and setup requirements to implement stored procedures
- Code and test Db2 for z/OS Stored Procedures using COBOL
- Code and test Stored Procedure Calling Programs
- Understand the use of Global Temporary Table
- Understand the major Performance Considerations for Db2 z/OS Stored Procedures
Working knowledge of both COBOL and SQL.