Analysts and programmers involved in the development of Db2 LUW SQL PL Stored Procedures.
One of the most common approaches to coding stored procedures is using the SQL PL language. A key advantage is the ability to work entirely within the IBM Data Studio environment and accomplish Db2 SQL PL development, deployment, and testing. This course covers an overall review of stored procedures, the SQL PL language, and the process of developing, deploying, and testing SQL PL stored procedures using the IBM Data Studio tool. Hands on coding of many stored procedures are part of the class.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Understand the benefits of Stored Procedures
- Learn the SQL Procedural Language
- Code Db2 Stored Procedures using the SQL Procedure Language
- Use the IBM Data Studio to develop, deploy, and test SQL Procedures
- Use the Unified Debugger to test and troubleshoot stored procedures
Understanding of relational database concepts and SQL syntax
(Db2 SQL For Everyone or equivalent).