This course is perfect for any data processing personnel who are in need of a general introduction to the CICS product, including those with a background in applications, systems, operations or management.
This 3-day hands-on course introduces and explains CICS Transaction Server (CICS TS) to those who have limited or no knowledge of CICS but who need a clear understanding of what CICS is, what it does and how it does it. This class is an introduction to the main concepts and facilities and the growing family of CICS server and client products that are available. This beginning class forms a solid foundation for all future education in CICS.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe the basic concepts, facilities and terminology of CICS.
- Describe the CICS functions available for program development.
- Explain the role of CICS in a distributed environment.
- Describe the concepts of CICS.
- Identify the major management modules and tables.
- Trace & Describe the flow of a CICS transactions.
- Identify the CICS facilities used for accessing data.
- Identify and use the CICS supplied transactions, such as, CEMT, CEDA, CECI, CEBR, and CEDF.
There are no prerequisites for this course.