End-users, application programmers, business analysts, and others with a need to create reports using Easytrieve Plus.
This course teaches students the basic techniques required to use CA-Easytrieve Plus, an information management and report generator tool.
A series of lab exercises will be used to reinforce the classroom education.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Define files to be processed.
- Format a report with titles and footings.
- Use relation logic to accept and reject records for reporting.
- Define working storage fields.
- Perform arithmetic calculations.
- Move data between record fields and work areas.
- Sort data.
- Format numeric data for the report.
- Define control breaks and subtotaling for reports.
- Build and write output data files.
- Perform table searching.
- Use arrays in Easytrieve Plus processing.
- Perform synchronized file processing.
TSO/ISPF, or equivalent experience. Basic MVS JCL, or equivalent experience. Previous experience in designing and coding application programs is not required, but will enhance the results of this course.