End-users, application programmers, business analysts, and others with a need to create reports using Easytrieve Plus.
This course teaches students the advanced techniques available to use CA-Easytrieve Plus. A series of lab exercises will be used to reinforce the classroom education. This course may be taught as part of a 5-day session in combination with the Easytrieve Plus Fundamentals course
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Write macros for use in Easytrieve programs.
- Use Special-Name Procedures in Easytrieve programs.
- Use Easytrieve to read, write, and update VSAM files.
- Call external subroutines from Easytrieve programs.
- Create executable load modules from Easytrieve programs.
- Generate Easytrieve reports from Db2 tables.
- Generate Easytrieve reports from IMS databases.
CA-Easytrieve Plus Fundamentals, or equivalent experience.
Previous experience in designing and coding application programs is not required, but will enhance the results of this course.