Programmer, technical support personnel, and other individuals that need to write REXX execs
This course will introduce students to the basic skills necessary to code REXX execs in z/OS environments. A series of written and lab exercises will be used to reinforce the classroom education.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Create and allocate REXX libraries
- Invoke REXX execs and pass parameters to them
- Use REXX instructions to perform terminal I/O
- Perform arithmetic calculations and character operations
- Use such REXX programming constructs as: IF statements, SELECT WHEN constructs, DO WHILE and iterative DO loop sequences
- Debug REXX execs via the TRACE facility
- Write user developed REXX subroutines and functions
- Issue TSO commands from REXX execs
- Trap TSO command output and process the output in the REXX exec
- Use ISPF services in REXX execs
- Introduction to z/OS, or equivalent experience.
- TSO/ISPF, or equivalent experience.
- Previous experience in designing and coding application programs will enhance the results of this course.