This course is designed for mangers, project managers and executives.
This course is both for managers and executives that are either taking over agile teams or beginning the transition to using an agile framework for project delivery. The primary focus of this training experience is on the manager as a leader and the skills required to overcome common challenges and guide Agile organizations toward continuous improvement. Class time will be equally divided between discussion and hands-on exercises.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Gain insight from agile transformation case studies and understand the lessons learned from each example
- Learn to lead versus manage
- Know how to hold teams accountable in an Agile world
- Understand the common challenges organization’s face when transitioning to Agile and how to tackle them head on
- Understand how to estimate the Product Backlog and how to use key metrics to conduct long-range planning
- Learn how to guide continuous improvement of the Agile teams and the organization
Students should complete an introductory Agile or Scrum class within six months of taking this course or posses equivalent experience on an Agile/Scrum team.