User Story Mapping is a popular way to keep sight of the big picture while working in small batch sizes and short iterations. The chief purpose of story mapping is to provide a more structured approach to release planning while helping everyone involved achieve a common understanding of the product to be developed. The User Story Map can either replace or complement the product backlog and is the perfect glue between stakeholders, product managers and development teams.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Understand what the inputs are for user stories
- Learn how to properly document user stories
- Grasp how to decompose and aggregate stories as needed
- Learn about grooming the product backlog
- Understand relative sizing as a method for estimating
No prerequisites are required for this course.