This course is appropriate for anyone who is inexperienced with working on or with agile teams. It is equally suited for teams and organizations exploring how to use Agile, those beginning their Agile journey, and those who are currently struggling with Agile implementation. This course helps ensure students are prepared to begin using Agile more effectively and professionally
This highly informative and rapid paced course is intended to solidify the core principles of Agile and Scrum while preparing individuals to become servant leaders within their team and organization. It teaches that Agile project delivery is radically different from traditional waterfall methodologies requiring understanding, acceptance, and support for successful transformation. The support comes in the form of a servant leader, called a Scrum Master that leads, coaches, and guides the team to become self-organizing and high performing. The course explores best practices as it exposes common missteps, increases the awareness of associated symptoms, and provides guidance to avoid the pitfalls commonly encountered during Agile transformations.
Participants learn the Scrum fundamentals while learning tips on how to be a Scrum Master. Students will gain the skills necessary to start leading teams, a good first step in their Agile journey. This class comes with the option for a written test to validate and certify learning at the end of the course.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Understand the fundamentals of Agile and Scrum
- Discover how to leverage early and continuous feedback to deliver delightful products to customers
- Define key roles and responsibilities of Agile team members
- Learn how to improve team productivity and quality by removing impediments and highlighting organizational inefficiencies
- Learn how to guide continuous improvement of the team and the organization
Prior experience in software development projects is helpful, but not required.