Attendees typically include executives, product managers, product owner, consultants, lean-agile leaders and Agile change agents.
Product owners are typically the individuals closest to the “business side” of the project, charged by the organization to deliver value as fast as possible while doing the seemingly impossible job of satisfying all stakeholders. Being the product owner on a Scrum team can seem like an overwhelming task, but this course will help participants overcome that feeling by providing an in-depth understanding of the role and its responsibilities to ultimately help them achieve success.
This highly interactive course begins with an overview of agile, Scrum, and Lean principles. Students will then learn the product owner role, how to apply the five levels of agile planning as well as how to manage agile requirements, the product backlog and feature delivery. Participants will learn how to create a product roadmap and how to guide their teams through release planning. In addition, the course will cover the basics of agile estimating and how to manage product development within large enterprises and multiple teams. An optional product owner certification is offered at the end of the class. Class time will be split evenly between hands-on exercises and lecture or discussion.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Review the high-level concepts of Agile and Scrum
- Understand the product owner role and their responsibilities in an agile environment
- Learn to plan, initiate and lead a Scrum project
- Understand the five levels of agile planning and how to apply them to agile projects
- Gain an understanding of Lean development principles and how to apply them
- Learn to identify, engage and involve business stakeholders in your agile project
- Become familiar with agile product management within a large enterprise
No prior experience is needed, as this course can be adjusted to fit any skill level.