Programmer, technical support personnel, and other individuals that need to write REXX execs.
This course will introduce students to the skills necessary to code REXX execs in z/OS environments. A series of written and lab exercises will be used to reinforce the classroom education.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Parse data using the PARSE statement
- Read and write sequential datasets
- Manipulate and access the REXX data stack
- Create REXX based ISPF edit macros
- Execute REXX execs in batch jobs
- Write REXX execs that interact with Db2
- Write REXX execs that issue MVS operator commands
- Compile and linkedit REXX execs
• z/OS Basic REXX Programming, or equivalent experience.
• Previous experience in designing and coding application programs will enhance the results of this course.