Application programmers responsible for the design and implementation of client/server applications using Appeon PowerBuilder.
This course introduces students to advanced techniques used to develop fully functional, well performing business applications using Appeon PowerBuilder.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Upon successful completion of this course, the student should be able to:
- Create standard reports, including TreeViews, graphs, crosstabs, and multi-group reports
- Create RichText, nested, and composite style reports
- Manipulate the properties and behavior of the DataWindow control
- Access and modify the properties of the DataWindow object
- Describe the internal organization of the DataWindow buffers
- Analyze issues involved in managing transactions and concurrency
- Use DataWindow techniques to access, update, and validate data from the database
- Create a DataWindow dynamically
- Create and use DataStores
- Use DataWindows to generate XML and PDF files
- Create DataWindows that use a Web Service data source
- Create and use standard, custom, and external user objects.
- Implement advanced elements of the graphical user interface, such as MonthCalendar, Animation, ListView, TreeView, and Tab controls
- Use drag and drop for direct manipulation within the application
- Use external functions in PowerBuilder applications
- Use a variety of techniques to test, debug, and analyze PowerBuilder applications
Introduction to Appeon PowerBuilder, or an equivalent class.
Four to six weeks experience developing PowerBuilder applications.
This course teaches sophisticated concepts at an accelerated pace. Students new to PowerBuilder are encouraged to complete the prerequisite course before taking this course.