Programmers, technical support personnel, and any others that have a need to develop ISPF/DMS dialogs.
This course introduces students to the skills necessary to use ISPF Dialog Management Services in a z/OS environment. The students learn how to create the required user dialog libraries and implement DMS dialogs.
Students will learn advanced techniques of ISPF Dialog Management Services (DMS)
A series of written and lab exercises will be used to reinforce the classroom education.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Dialog panels.
- Help panels.
- Dialog functions using REXX or CLIST.
- Customized error messages.
- Customized menus.
- File tailoring skeletons.
- ISPF Library Management Services
- Use the ISPF Dialog Test Facility.
- Create and process DMS tables (temporary and permanent).
- Invoke Dialog Management Services from PL/1, COBOL, and FORTRAN programs.
- A series of written and lab exercises will be used to reinforce the classroom education.
Introduction to z/OS, or equivalent experience. TSO/ISPF, or equivalent experience. Basic MVS JCL, or equivalent experience. z/OS REXX Programming, or equivalent experience