The primary audience for this course is individuals who administer and maintain SQL Server databases. These individuals perform database administration and maintenance as their primary area of responsibility, or work in environments where databases play a key role in their primary job.
This five-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to maintain a Microsoft SQL Server database. The course focuses on teaching individuals how to use SQL Server product features and tools related to maintaining a database.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe core database administration tasks and tools
- Install and configure SQL Server
- Configure SQL Server databases and storage
- Plan and implement a backup strategy
- Restore databases from backups
- Import and export data
- Monitor SQL Server
- Trace SQL Server activity
- Manage SQL Server security
- Audit data access and encrypt data
- Perform ongoing database maintenance
- Automate SQL Server maintenance with SQL Server Agent Jobs
- Configure Database alerts and notifications
This course requires that you meet the following prerequisites: Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality. Working knowledge of SQL and Transact-SQL. Working knowledge of relational databases. Some experience with database design.