Programmers, Analysts, Database Administrators, and IT Managers who are exposed to, or are required to perform the activities associated with data stored in SQL Server.
Come prepared to master Structured Query Language (SQL) as used on the Microsoft SQL Server platform in this fast paced and hands on course. The course begins with a discussion of relational database concepts and terminology. A review of normalization design and table creates takes place and quickly moves into a very practical discussion of data retrieval and manipulation using SQL. All topics have a slant on performance, and each topic is reinforced with hands-on workshops. Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio 2017 is used for all workshops. Students will come away from this class with a clear understanding of the SQL Server relational database and SQL programming and ready to be productive.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Write good efficient SQL code to retrieve data
- Understand database design, integrity, and data manipulation
- Translate and code business problems in SQL
- Understand SQL Joins and table relationships
- Understand indexable vs non-indexable predicates
- Understand the role of the optimizer and the approaches to access path selection