This course is designed for experienced professional developers (in any language) who want to learn how to quickly become productive with the latest version of React.
In this 3-day Introduction to React training class, students learn the fundamental ideas behind React and then quickly move on to hands-on problem solving and some of the most advanced and up-to-date techniques in React development, including: Redux, Redux thunk, Redux Saga, and server-side react. The course teaches just enough about testing and tools for students to be productive, but is primarily focused on hands-on exercises in which students will build a real-world ecommerce shopping cart application.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Use Create-React-App to get started quickly with React
- Learn to write unit tests for React, using Jest and Enzyme
- Understand what React is and what problem it solves
- Explore the basic architecture of a React application
- Gain a deep knowledge of React components and JSX
- Learn best practices for using and composing React components
- Build a working application that uses React components
- Use Redux for maintaining state in a React.js application
- Use Redux middleware
- Make AJAX requests with React
- Use server-side rendering
- Learn about React performance optimization
Experience in any programming language.