This course is designed for system programmers, administrators, operators, technical managers, support personnel, applications programmers, or individuals who support or develop JCL jobs in test and production environments and looking to improve their skills.
Need to get stronger in JCL? Looking for more advanced topics and workshops with this language? Then this is the course for you! Go deeper into JCL procedures (PROCS), IBM Utilities (IDCAMS, IEBGENER, IEBCOPY), and VSAM. Learn more about the Storage Management Subsystem (SMS) parameters and their effect on SMS-Managed datasets. See how the (ACS) routines work that defines the SMS classes. And even more on program abends, JCL errors, and conditional logic. This is a busy 2 days with lots of hands on workshops and material.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Better understand the use of JCL PROCS (In-Stream and Cataloged)
- Discuss the use of a symbolic within a procedure
- Learn more about IDCAMS, IEBGENER, and IEBCOPY utility programs
- Define VSAM KSDS files. Define alternate indexes.
- Perform complex JCL condition code checking and code IF/THEN/ELSE JCL constructs
- Know what SMS classes are and how the classes are created through ACS routines
- Understand specific Abends and JCL errors.
MF1010, or comparable experience and understanding of TSO/ISPF and JCL.