This course is intended for Db2 professionals, system programmers, system administrators and DBAs, as well as other z/OS support personnel responsible for the implementation and support of a Db2 data sharing environment .
This four day course is designed to teach Db2 Professionals the components of Db2 for z/OS data sharing; the implementation and support of a Db2 data sharing environment; and the operational and recovery considerations when working in a Data Sharing environment.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe the major components of Db2 for z/OS data sharing
- Understand the planning considerations for data sharing
- Describe the detailed mechanics of Db2 for z/OS data sharing
- Understand the unique installation requirements of data sharing
- Describe the Db2 operational considerations for a data sharing group
- Display a working knowledge of the syntax and usage of data sharing commands
- Understand performance considerations unique to a data sharing environment
- Describe how Db2 recovery processes are different in a data sharing environment versus a standalone Db2 environment
- Describe the failure analysis procedures unique to a data sharing environment
Participants should be thoroughly familiar with the Db2 for z/OS mainframe environment preferably with production experience with Db2 for z/OS.